hi everyone! new from winnipeg. anyone else?

Wilderness Survival and Tracking Clubs; Arrange to meet up with others to practice skills. Suggest informal trips, meetings.

Moderators: admin, Walter Muma

hi everyone! new from winnipeg. anyone else?

Postby bushdave » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:54 pm

Hi there from Winnipeg.This is my first post with the forum and I am hoping to connect with the local community. It seems almost impossible to meet another individual who relates to the wilderness on an emotional and spiritual level. The notion of connecting with others whose sense of self identifies with the wilderness mind is liberating and exciting, so you will all forgive me if I am excessively emotional. But that having been said if there is anyone in the Winnipeg area who is in the same boat , or who has room in their circle of friends for another,perhaps we can connect. I attended Tom Brown's standard many years ago, and Iam still active in pursuing my primitive skills , but I know also that my efforts are feeling stagnant without a friend to act as a support and sounding board. I am in my forties, and I have three kids and my time is often spoken for, but I can still keep up with you (probably) and I am a low maintainence friend who is loyal and easy to get along with. I look forward to meeting you all and sharing your wisdom!
bushdave

Re: hi everyone! new from winnipeg. anyone else?

Postby LDS » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:19 pm

Hello Bushdave,

I am 1500 miles south of you 20 years older and I do not commune with the wood spirits, nymphs or fairy elves, neither do I worship at the feet of the "Big Brown One", but I do teach classes two or three times each year and managed to spend 15% of the nights last year in the woods.

So welcome to the forum.
Come to the dark side, we have cookies!
LDS

Return to Clubs & Meeting up with Others